Ideas for you to keep your carpet looking like new longer!
Annual carpet cleanings are important in keeping your carpet looking like new, but have you even wondered what else you can be doing at home? Sometimes keeping our carpets, upholstery and flooring fresh and clean can be difficult, especially if you are a pet owner or have children. Here are just a few ideas on how you can contribute to the life of your carpet!
- Weekly Vacuuming. We know….its a pain, but weekly vacuuming is important for your carpeting. Frequent vacuuming prolongs the life of your carpet by preventing a buildup of gritty particles that can cut carpet fibers. Make sure to pay special attention to high traffic areas!
- Clean spots and spills immediately! This is an important one for children and pets. Spills and accidents can be a frequent occurrence in a home with pets and children. Carefully blot the entire area and remove as much moisture as possible. Do not rub the spill! When applying a cleaner, work from the outside of the stain toward the inside. Use a clean white bath towel to dry the area.
- Clean around hard-to-reach areas. Every few weeks, take the time to go around your baseboards and other hard-to-reach areas with a crevice tool and your vacuum hose. This means getting on your hands and knees and digging in!
- Raise depressions left by heavy furniture. Move furniture around every once in awhile and vacuum the areas underneath.
- Keep loose carpet threads trimmed. Always trim carpet threads by snipping them. Do not pull as this could unravel the carpet.
There comes a time when regular vacuuming is not enough. There are some major indicators of when this time has come and you need a professional, deep cleaning job.
- Appears matted and feels sticky
- No longer appears the same color
- Has grimy circles around chairs or other furniture
- Releases a dust storm when you run across the room
Annual, professional cleaning not only removes the dirt and spots you see, it removes the unhealthy particles you don’t see, promoting a healthier indoor environment that benefits your entire family. At Clean Tech, we use powerful truck mounted extraction unites for the most highly effective soil and solution removal. This method is recommended by most carpet manufacturers to fulfill warranty requirements.